Skip to main content

Lectionary Laugh and Leading

Today's Lectionary Reading Morning Psalm begins with Psalm 56.

1. Laugh- When I was younger I liked to joke around, much the same today. It was a big deal in a strange circle of Christian friends to sign your name and write a verse. Now for clarification I did not pull this joke out of disregard for scripture. I have a high view of Scripture and I did then as well. Anyway, I used to sign my name and then write Psalm 56:1. If anyone were to look this up they would have read.

"Be merciful to me, O God, for men hotly pursue me;" (NIV)

2. Leading- Well that is about as far as I ever got with remembering anything about Psalm 56 but today with continued reading. I was comforted beyond my own comprehension. I am currently in a really amazing season of my life but there have been seasons that aren't as swell. So I take great comfort in Psalm 56:8.

 "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book." (New Living Translation)

Comments

I laughed out loud when I read this, because I actually thought about how you would write that verse the other day. I'm so glad that I probably will never have to sign another Tshirt and write a verse underneath my name :)

Popular posts from this blog

Epilepsy Hitting Too Close To Home

I am sitting in my bed typing with tears streaming down my face and snuggling next to my sweet baby girl. It has been a difficult morning for my momma's heart. Chelsea has been diagnosed with Epilepsy . She has been having what seemed like a slight tick for almost a year and they have become more frequent and been joined by moments of pure catatonic state that last about 30 seconds. I brought up the tick with the pediatrician at her 18 month well visit but he said given her age we should just watch it and take note. Then about two months ago when we were traveling to celebrate my grandpa's 80th birthday Chels had a convulsing seizure. It was to date the worst day of my life. The seizure was accompanied by a fever and the medical team at the hospital felt confident it was a febrile seizure . Which if you don't know 1 in 10 children experience before the age of 2. My brother had experienced this when he was little and given the fact I was 16 at the time remember very clearly ...

Moving Past Fears, Failures, and Flaws

I have recently become more involved in the women's ministry at my church,  LifePoint . We have monthly women's ministry events called Sisterhood Gatherings and for these last couple of months, they  have been focused on living our "such a time as this" moments bravely and boldly. In September we took a closer look at the story of Esther and the different seasons or times she traveled before getting to her famous "such a time as this" moment (Hear that message  here ). We were asked to search our hearts to identify the thing that is holding us back and for many women it was fear. This fear isn't phobia kind of fears, although those can be quite scary, but the fear that keeps us awake at night, the fear that stops us from taking that next step or making changes in our lives. Then this past Friday, a good friend brought a message of what next steps to overcoming our fears might look like and it really resonated with me. For many years I have tried, so...

God's Provision

With my new challenge of not buying anything for a full calendar year I have had some really proud moments like, when I walked through Target and only bought disposable razors and draino and some really hard moments like, when I find a great sale on something.  This morning I realized that my smell good soap is almost out and although I am going to buy soap I am only buying the cheapest  I can find with a coupon, of course! And I am having a BAD HAIR week which is really working my resolve to not spend money. SO, I come into work today in a huff over the hair experience. It is like my fun curly hair has decided to go straight? What is up with that?  Here is where the story gets good and God blows me away. A wonderful woman from my church comes into my office to drop off the key to her house (for which I am house-sitting this weekend) and she puts a great big bag on my desk that includes two pair of the killer deal flip flops from Old Navy, a new smell good soap...