Skip to main content

Some days are like that

Every have those seasons in life that feel relentless? I am in the middle of one of those right now and I am trying my very best to focus on the blessings in my life. Because they are many but it just seems each new day is compounding upon us what we are having to deal with.

David is at the house feeling a little loss with no where to go during the day and it breaks my heart to see him so discouraged. We are praying that the paper we need for immigration will come this week and we can get it to the office it needs to be at the beginning of next week. Then I will be calling Senator Corker's office once again to see if this law abiding, tax paying, voting AMERICAN citizen can't speed things along with the ridiculous Immigration process. For anyone who thought it was as easy as getting married for David to become a citizen, sadly you are mistaken.

I have been having some complications with my health that are concerning and I am scheduled for more test this coming week and then quite possibly ANOTHER laproscopic surgery. This will be surgery #5. All I have to say is that if all this hasn't completely eradicated my ability to have a baby that baby better appreciate my persistence!

On top of all of that we are making our plans to move and I am seeking a new job opportunity in the D.C. area. I seriously don't know how I am not having a complete melt down right now. I contribute it mostly to the fact that I am past the point of breaking and now every new thing falls into the Laughably Unbelievable Category.

This is my rant for today! Ugh! But I feel better now.

Comments

This Is Stupid said…
This is what I like to tell myself, not that it always works mind you, but I know it's true: "In 5 years I will look back at this time in my life and be very thankful for it." God is working now in ways for your good that you might not be able to see, but it is still happening. And I am not preaching to you, I just happen to be in one of those very situations. And some days I am good, and some days I just melt. And some days I laugh unbelievably =) Praying for you!!

Popular posts from this blog

Epilepsy Hitting Too Close To Home

I am sitting in my bed typing with tears streaming down my face and snuggling next to my sweet baby girl. It has been a difficult morning for my momma's heart. Chelsea has been diagnosed with Epilepsy . She has been having what seemed like a slight tick for almost a year and they have become more frequent and been joined by moments of pure catatonic state that last about 30 seconds. I brought up the tick with the pediatrician at her 18 month well visit but he said given her age we should just watch it and take note. Then about two months ago when we were traveling to celebrate my grandpa's 80th birthday Chels had a convulsing seizure. It was to date the worst day of my life. The seizure was accompanied by a fever and the medical team at the hospital felt confident it was a febrile seizure . Which if you don't know 1 in 10 children experience before the age of 2. My brother had experienced this when he was little and given the fact I was 16 at the time remember very clearly ...

Moving Past Fears, Failures, and Flaws

I have recently become more involved in the women's ministry at my church,  LifePoint . We have monthly women's ministry events called Sisterhood Gatherings and for these last couple of months, they  have been focused on living our "such a time as this" moments bravely and boldly. In September we took a closer look at the story of Esther and the different seasons or times she traveled before getting to her famous "such a time as this" moment (Hear that message  here ). We were asked to search our hearts to identify the thing that is holding us back and for many women it was fear. This fear isn't phobia kind of fears, although those can be quite scary, but the fear that keeps us awake at night, the fear that stops us from taking that next step or making changes in our lives. Then this past Friday, a good friend brought a message of what next steps to overcoming our fears might look like and it really resonated with me. For many years I have tried, so...

God's Provision

With my new challenge of not buying anything for a full calendar year I have had some really proud moments like, when I walked through Target and only bought disposable razors and draino and some really hard moments like, when I find a great sale on something.  This morning I realized that my smell good soap is almost out and although I am going to buy soap I am only buying the cheapest  I can find with a coupon, of course! And I am having a BAD HAIR week which is really working my resolve to not spend money. SO, I come into work today in a huff over the hair experience. It is like my fun curly hair has decided to go straight? What is up with that?  Here is where the story gets good and God blows me away. A wonderful woman from my church comes into my office to drop off the key to her house (for which I am house-sitting this weekend) and she puts a great big bag on my desk that includes two pair of the killer deal flip flops from Old Navy, a new smell good soap...