Skip to main content

Blogging is Hard

Best of intentions and so many starts but here I am more than a week past the last post and I am beating myself up. This is not the point. The point is to get a perspective out there. I have so much spinning in this head all the time. I was just thinking the other day how I need a microphone that will record around me at all times and then I though well I could get a little recorder. But in all honesty I would just record all my random thoughts and never listen back to them.

I think like anything else in life we have good ideas but unless we put some goals and deadlines to those ideas they certainly never get accomplished. So here you go, three things I want to accomplish this week.

1. Call about the charger I left in the hotel back in October. Probably too late. Probably don't have it. Yes, but does it hurt to call and ask.
2. Take the SD card from the camera so I can try and remember the last place I took pictures because not only have I lost the battery charger for the camera. I replaced the charger. The battery must have been charging because it is missing as well.
3. Buy an appliance bulb for the hood over the stove.

Seriously, these are not earth moving, life changing things but three things on a very long to do list that I probably could have accomplished in the time it took to write this blog!

So what are three things that you need to do? Write them done and then get them done. We can do this friend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Epilepsy Hitting Too Close To Home

I am sitting in my bed typing with tears streaming down my face and snuggling next to my sweet baby girl. It has been a difficult morning for my momma's heart. Chelsea has been diagnosed with Epilepsy . She has been having what seemed like a slight tick for almost a year and they have become more frequent and been joined by moments of pure catatonic state that last about 30 seconds. I brought up the tick with the pediatrician at her 18 month well visit but he said given her age we should just watch it and take note. Then about two months ago when we were traveling to celebrate my grandpa's 80th birthday Chels had a convulsing seizure. It was to date the worst day of my life. The seizure was accompanied by a fever and the medical team at the hospital felt confident it was a febrile seizure . Which if you don't know 1 in 10 children experience before the age of 2. My brother had experienced this when he was little and given the fact I was 16 at the time remember very clearly

UGH

So today I am really at my limit. I feel like i keep trying to get ahead in losing weight and paying debt and it seems like I am going in the wrong direction in everything. I am distracted with my future worries. I am pretty sure Jesus said, "Today has enough worries of it's own." I need help. I need accountability. I don't want to spend money on this but I think it may be exactly what I need to do. I am going to have to bite the bullet and join a gym where I can be motivated to get a move on. I felt so motivated when David was here but with him out of town most of the time, it is so difficult. I just need to commit. I haven't been as vulnerable as this before with the blogosphere but I need an outlet. I want my life to be one that is extraordinary. I want to be an example to the world of what the FULL LIFE looks like and I don't think I am doing a real bang up job right now. I get distracted with all the worries of the world and don't look to the One

God's Provision

With my new challenge of not buying anything for a full calendar year I have had some really proud moments like, when I walked through Target and only bought disposable razors and draino and some really hard moments like, when I find a great sale on something.  This morning I realized that my smell good soap is almost out and although I am going to buy soap I am only buying the cheapest  I can find with a coupon, of course! And I am having a BAD HAIR week which is really working my resolve to not spend money. SO, I come into work today in a huff over the hair experience. It is like my fun curly hair has decided to go straight? What is up with that?  Here is where the story gets good and God blows me away. A wonderful woman from my church comes into my office to drop off the key to her house (for which I am house-sitting this weekend) and she puts a great big bag on my desk that includes two pair of the killer deal flip flops from Old Navy, a new smell good soap and get ready, a gift c