Skip to main content

MOPS: Grace for the Good Girl Chapter 8

Hey MOPS Mommas and anyone else that is reading this! We just finished up with Chapter 8- Picket Fences.

This chapter is all about our comfort zone. Some of us find our comfort zone pretty open and friendly as long as we are the ones in control but when someone else tries to enter through the gate to the inner most part of who we really are it is locked up like Fort Knox. And other's of us keep our distance so great from others because we don't want to risk being hurt. Which one are you?

I am definitely more towards the open circle as long as I can control the real personal stuff. I still struggle daily with trying to seem like I have it all together and trying to be sure that everyone else is pleased and happy. Funny and convicting this about this chapter is that i am not really a people pleaser at all. I am a self pleaser. I want other to be pleased with me so I will do what I think will make them the happiest with me. I do not want to disappoint others mainly because I want them to not be disappointed in me. Wow, that one is a little deep and is going to take some serious self reflection and prayer. I need to readjust my focus because once again I am realizing that no matter how I label my care for others it is still really rooted in fear and selfishness. 

The one statement from this chapter that really stood out to me, and it is very similiar to another earlier statement that stood out, was page 92 halfway down the page. "And you will smile and wave from a distance, because who they think you are is infinitely more important than who you really are."

I want to truly be authentic but it is going to take some hard work. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Epilepsy Hitting Too Close To Home

I am sitting in my bed typing with tears streaming down my face and snuggling next to my sweet baby girl. It has been a difficult morning for my momma's heart. Chelsea has been diagnosed with Epilepsy . She has been having what seemed like a slight tick for almost a year and they have become more frequent and been joined by moments of pure catatonic state that last about 30 seconds. I brought up the tick with the pediatrician at her 18 month well visit but he said given her age we should just watch it and take note. Then about two months ago when we were traveling to celebrate my grandpa's 80th birthday Chels had a convulsing seizure. It was to date the worst day of my life. The seizure was accompanied by a fever and the medical team at the hospital felt confident it was a febrile seizure . Which if you don't know 1 in 10 children experience before the age of 2. My brother had experienced this when he was little and given the fact I was 16 at the time remember very clearly

God's Provision

With my new challenge of not buying anything for a full calendar year I have had some really proud moments like, when I walked through Target and only bought disposable razors and draino and some really hard moments like, when I find a great sale on something.  This morning I realized that my smell good soap is almost out and although I am going to buy soap I am only buying the cheapest  I can find with a coupon, of course! And I am having a BAD HAIR week which is really working my resolve to not spend money. SO, I come into work today in a huff over the hair experience. It is like my fun curly hair has decided to go straight? What is up with that?  Here is where the story gets good and God blows me away. A wonderful woman from my church comes into my office to drop off the key to her house (for which I am house-sitting this weekend) and she puts a great big bag on my desk that includes two pair of the killer deal flip flops from Old Navy, a new smell good soap and get ready, a gift c

wow

So I am getting married in 9 days and I am so excited for that to happen, but I would like to give a run down of my week: Monday-Had to have my entire windshield replaced because a rock broke it. Tuesday-Had to have an air inlet tube replaced in my car and learned of new and exciting repairs needed. David brings me to Jazzercise only to have a wreck right outside the church messing up his car. He is okay and the car is drive-able. Wednesday-My car was put back in shop to have the entire brake system (basically) replaced. It's David's birthday and I spend a good part of his birthday dinner crying and asking him what we are going to do with no savings and one income? I am busy telling God how unfair it is that this is all happening this week. What could he possibly be teaching me? Why in the world is all this happening to us? UGHHHHHH!!!!! And how I am so frustrated about all of it. And how I feel like this should be the time in our lives that everything seems to be falli